More than 300 international students are studying at Fırat University, Institute of Science and Technology. This number is increasing day by day. The main reasons why our institute is preferred by foreign students are; The academic success of our university is the support of the advisors to the students and the city of Elazig offering the students an economical and comfortable life.
Candidates who want to receive their master's or doctorate education at the Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences should first determine the department they want to study. These departments can be accessed from the link below:
http://fbe.firat.edu.tr/tr/node/423 Next, they need to identify the faculty members related to the field and subject they want to work with.
The official websites of the departments contain information about faculty members and them. Candidates should contact the faculty member they want to work with by e-mail. Because if one of the Faculty Members of the Fırat University Institute of Science and Technology does not accept to act as the candidate's advisor, the candidate cannot apply to the Graduate School.
A candidate must register and apply in the Online Application Automation System (BOS) after receiving acceptance from the Faculty Member of the Fırat University, Institute of Science and Technology.
The candidate must upload all the information and documents related to the application to the BOS. Applications by e-mail or otherwise are not accepted outside the BOS.
Program Continuation Conditions
(1) International students who do not speak Turkish can apply for postgraduate education, but it is obligatory for international students to know Turkish at least at B2 level and certify this situation in order to enroll and start their education.
(2) International students must have a C1 level Turkish certificate by the end of their maximum period in order to graduate. Otherwise, they will not be able to graduate and receive a diploma, and their registration will be deleted at the end of their maximum term.
(3) Students who have the right to final registration and who certify that they know Turkish at the B2 level are assigned an advisor after final registration. The student, who is appointed as an advisor, starts his/her academic education by registering with his/her advisor.
(4) At the beginning of each academic year, on the dates announced on the related institute website, Fırat University TÖMER (Fırat University Turkish Teaching and Application Center) conducts the Turkish Language Level Examination for graduate students. Those who receive a B2 Level Turkish Language Certificate in this exam conducted by TÖMER can start their academic education.
(5) Students who do not have a B2 or higher level certificate must attend the Turkish preparatory education given by Fırat University TÖMER. Turkish preparatory education lasts for two semesters at most. This period can be extended for a maximum of one semester, with the proposal of the Institute Department / Department / Program and the decision of the Institute Administrative Board. At the end of these periods, those who cannot obtain a certificate at least at B2 level from the TÖMER exam or other exams accepted by the Institute Administrative Board are dismissed from the Institute.
(6) Students who are accepted to the Institute with the condition of Turkish preparatory education must take their Turkish education from Fırat University TÖMER. Otherwise, the student is dismissed from the Institute.
(7) Even if a student who is registered to the relevant Institute and continues his education at TÖMER in order to obtain a Turkish language certificate, receives a B2 language certificate in an exam at TÖMER in the middle of the semester, he can start his academic education only at the beginning of the academic year (the first two weeks according to the academic calendar). in) can start.
Fees and Financial Provisions
(1) The tuition fees to be paid by international students are determined by the University Administrative Board in accordance with the "Decision on the Determination of Tuition Fees and Contribution to be Taken as Student Contribution to the Current Service Costs in Higher Education Institutions", which is published in the Official Gazette every year.
(2) Students who are not exempt from tuition fees through bilateral agreements between countries are obliged to pay the tuition fees specified in the first paragraph.
(3) The tuition fee is paid by the student at the beginning of each semester, during the new registration or registration renewal phase.
(4) The student is obliged to pay in advance the "distance education material fee" determined by the University Administrative Board every year.
(5) If the student leaves voluntarily or his registration is canceled for any other reason, the fees paid to the University are not refunded.
(1) International students admitted to graduate programs are obliged to act in accordance with the rules of the Social Security Institution of the Republic of Turkey and to have health insurance within the legal period.